|Greetings from Brand New Mercies, A Christmas note to say how much we have appreciated your love, financial support and prayers throughout the years. December 29, 2021, Brand New Mercies will be four years old. Can you believe it? Without donors such as you our doors could not remain open. Together we have touched and changed the lives of many women and children in our community. Our goal has been to save families and to teach individuals to make healthy lifestyle choices and changes. Addiction is ugly. It hurts everyone associated with the addict. It hurts society and it hurts our community. Many of our clients were raised in addictive homes, suffered verbal and sexual abuse while growing up. You see, addiction does not discriminate. Our clients come from all backgrounds and social groups. Some come from affluent homes. Some are fleeing domestic violence while others were homeless. When a woman has children and needs treatment, she often is afraid to seek help in fear of losing her children. Brand New Mercies is a safe- haven with a safety net for children, which allows an individual to break the addiction while caring for her children. We give moms and singles the tools to start over and to change their lives. Science says addiction is an illness. For most addicts, it is a viscous cycle that they just don’t know how to break. Having the illness of addiction is not easy. Women more so than men, endure shame from society. They carry guilt and pain every day until they break free. That is not to say that men don’t endure pain and guilt. But society seems to be harsher on women that are addicts then men. Almost every day I receive emails or phone calls asking for our help to break the cycle of addiction. The conversation usually ends with please help me. I don’t want to live this kind of life anymore. Or please help me get my children back. They are my life. At Brand New Mercies our clients learn how to make amends. They learn how to become productive citizens and how to live a better life. They learn to face life’s problems sober. I know how to facilitate a program, but without your prayers and financial support it would not be possible. As many of you know my husband passed last year and he was our fundraiser. I haven’t organized any major fundraisers since then. I guess I was still grieving our 40 plus years together. I didn’t know if I would close our houses or keep them open. But by God’s grace, just when we needed it someone would send a check. Or someone would send a cash app donation or drop hygiene donations off for the girls. Again, Thank You. Many of you have asked how I am doing, since Mike passed? And my answer is healing and much better thank you. (Smile) It’s tough but God got me….It’s time to move ahead. December 29th, 2021 will be four years for us. And for the next 30 days I will be asking for help in one or all of four ways.|
|Four Ways You can help Me to continue the work:|
|1. Pray for us daily. Just mention us in your prayers asking for all our needs to be met.|
2. I’m gathering auction items to host an online silent auction for 2022. If you have donations such as destination vacations or Air BNBs or tickets to plays or jewelry or Artwork or housekeeper services. Please help by donating or asking your friends to donate. Contact me by email email@example.com and we can plan to get those things from you. This event will be launched around May.
3. Send this newsletter to at least ten friends or more. And ask them to send to ten of their friends. Some in our community still have not heard of us. I believe in what we are doing, and I know it is making a difference in our community.
4. Send an end of the year donation. Help us celebrate the fact we are still standing. We are still making a difference. Our anniversary is coming up soon and for the next 30 days we will be raising operational capital. I have a donor that will match $1000 if I can raise it in the next 30 days. Will you help Me?
|HOW YOU CAN SEND DONATIONS|
Three ways to give: $25 donations are our bread and butter. (Nothing is too small or too big Thank you)1. Make out your check to Brand New Mercies and send to PO BOX 1842 Bentonville, AR 72712
2. Cash App to $Brandnewmercies (connected to BNM Account)
3. Send by Paypal use email firstname.lastname@example.org (connected to BNM account)
Merry Christmas and Have a Wonderful New Year!
Carolyn WallaceExecutive Director BNM